The Master's degree aims to provide you with specialized knowledge, skills and competences as an electronic musician, composer and sound artist at the highest artistic level. The program also aims at developing your own unique artistic profile.
- A bachelor degree in electronic music from SDMK or an equivalent Danish or foreign music academy
- A bachelor degree (in music) or equivalent from a institution of higher education
When you apply you must submit the following:
- One or more artistic works of a duration of no more than around 25 minutes. The material must have been made by you. If others have participated in its production, this must be clearly stated. The material can reflect several aspects of your artistic work. Please submit the material as audio files or a multimedia presentation.
- Written account of the submitted material. The written material must be no more than 2 A4 pages and contain an account of:
- - The overall idea of the work(s)
- - The potential you recognise in the material
- - Your artistic experience
- - Your reasons for applying for admission to the programme
Material and formats Entrance exam
- You must make a technical exposition of your material. The exposition can last no more than 10 minutes. The purpose of the exposition is to demonstrate your technical approach in working with sound. The exposition must therefore give a presentation of a wide range of the techniques you use and should not focus on a single technical aspect of your production. You choose which techniques you want to focus on. The presentation must be made on a computer or the instrument for which the work is intended.
- The technical exposition will be followed by a thorough conversation about the material you have submitted. Focus will be on the artistic ideas behind the production, including sources of inspiration, target group and potential. The conversation will last no more than 10 minutes.
You must bring your own computer or instrument for the presentation. Mixer and speakers will be available.
AFTER THE EXAMINATION
After the conversation you will receive one overall mark for your performance and the submitted material. The mark will reflect the degree to which you are considered ready to achieve the programme learning goals.